5APE protectors are for DC motors.they are both temperature and current sensitive. They can protect motor from over heating or loading and the tripping off time can be controlled accurately.
5APE wiper motor thermal protector
* Small size, long life and high reliability;
* High level bimetal ensures that it can withstand the current of normal circuit;
* The combination of bimetal and heater can action snappily;
* Accurate trip off time can prevent motor from overheating;
* Both temperature and current sensitive;
* Each part ROHS environmental standards are strictly enforced;
* Terminals are optional and customized;
* Wires are optional and customized;
* Sealed sleeving can make the protector varnishing proof.
20A / 12V DC
10A / 24V DC
Operating Temperature Range
Workable Tripping Off Current Range
R/T 25℃ Current Testing Standards
4~10 S (Or Customized)
Car Seat Motor
Soybean Milk Machine
|The Design and Working Principle of Thermal Protector|
1. Both temperature and current sensitive function
1.1 Current overload protection principle
The current flows the case terminal, bimetal strip or auxiliary heating wire(which is connected with stationary contact of the bottom board), then the bottom board terminals is connecting to application(such as motor and transformer etc.) in circuit, when the application causes the over-current or locked-rotor current to exceed the prescribed value, the thermal protector cut the power off within the set time, so that the application are protected;
1.2 Temperature protection principle
The current flows the case terminal and bimetal strip, then the bottom board terminals is connecting to application (Such as motor and transformer etc.) in circuit, when the application works abnormally, which causes the ambient temperature to exceed the setting value, the thermal protector cut the power off, when the ambient temperature will decrease and then the protector will close again.
2. Power cutting and time delay protection
Added the PTC heating element
2.1 Working Operating
The protector is connected to PTC in parallel, then connected to application in series. When the application is working normally, the current will flow through protector. PTC will not work.
2.2 Time Delay Protection
When the application works abnormally, which causes the ambient temperature to exceed the prescribed value, the protector will open. Then, the current flows through PTC. Since PTC has a very high resistance, the current assigned to the application will be too flow to start it. Meanwhile, the heat generated by PTC will remain the protector open until the power is unplugged;
After the power is unplugged, the ambient temperature will decrease and then the protector will closed again.