6APE series are both temperature and current sensitive. They can protect motor from overheating or loading.
* Small size, Long life and high reliability;
* High level bimetal ensures that it can withstand the current of normal circuit;
* The combination of bimetal and heater can action snappily;
* Accurate trip off time can prevent motor from overheating;
* Both temperature and current sensitive;
* Each part ROHS environmental standards are strictly enforced;
* Terminals are optional and customized;
* Wires are optional and customized;
* Sealed sleeving can make the protector varnishing proof.
45A / 12V DC
25A / 24V DC
18A / 250V AC
28A / 125V AC
|Operating Temperature Range||50℃~180℃|
|Workable Tripping Off Current Range||2~45A|
|R/T 25℃current Testing Standards||4~10S (Or Customized)|
Car Seat Motor
Soybean Milk Machine
Q: What parameters should we provide for the price and samples request of thermal protector 6APE?
A：Since 6APE series are current sensitive thermal protector, also called mini circuit breaker, the following information would be necessary.
|Thermal Protector Model 6APE series|
|Voltage||24VDC or 230VAC|
|Working Current||10A or 8A|
|Tripping Off Current||30A or 25A|
|Tripping Off Time||4-10 seconds|
|Application||Wiper motor, Juicer motor etc|
|Action Type||Normally Closed or Normally Open|
|Temperature Rating||120 ℃|
|Insulation Sleeving||Yes or No|
|Lead Wire||Specifed wire type and length, like UL3321,19AWG,65mm long|
|Order Quantity||100K pcs|
Q: What’s the lowest action temperature of your bimetal thermostat?
A: The lowest action temperature of our bimetal thermostat is 0C. It is creep action type and the relevant model number is 17AME-H. The contact making type can be normally closed or normally open. The main function of this thermostat is to remain the temperature inside of a narrow range.
For example, OFF at 5C, ON at 3C or 4C. It is widely used to temperature control device or PCB control system. The life endurance can be 100,000 cycles also. The terminal ends of this bimetal thermostat can be at the same direction or opposite direction. The insulation paper has Nomex or Nitto for your option.
The shortage of this bimetal thermostat is the current. The max working current can’t exceed 5A, normally less than 3A. Since the current is too small, we sometimes to use gilded contact to avoid contacts oxidization.
Q: Why are there two current parameters for current sensing thermal protector?
A: It is a confusing question for some engineers. Actually, for current sensing thermal protectors, there are two current parameters. One is rated current. It is the nominal working current. The other one is tripping off current, also called over-loading current.
For the rated current, for examples, 3A or 5A, it means that the thermal protector can not trip off under this current. It would only cut the circuit off when temperature reaches the pre-set value.
But for the tripping off current, it means that the thermal protector has to trip off very quickly, like 4 to 10 seconds under this current. It is for overload protection purpose. General speaking, the tripping off current is around triple or 4 times of rated current. For example, if the rated current is 3A, the tripping off current should be set at 9A to 15A. It is only a rough estimation. The accurate value depends on the technical requirements of mock-up test and application.
Q: How can we conduct the incoming test for your thermal switch?
A: Incoming test for thermal switch includes temperature test under No-Load, mock-up test under load, functional test in applications and appearance inspection. Since mock-up test, functional test and appearance inspection can be easily done in the customers’ factories, we will only explain how to conduct temperature test under No-Load here.
1. Put the thermal switch inside of a test oven. The air flow speed of the oven needs to be over 200m/min
2. The measuring thermal couple should be as close to thermal switch as possible. An indicator of showing ON/OFF should be provided. The current flowing through thermal switch is less than 0.01A
3. Increasing the air temperature inside of the oven slowly. When air temperature increases to the 10C lower than the bottom tolerance limit of rated temperature value, the further temperature increasing speed has to be controlled at 0.5K/min.
4. When the temperature reaches the tolerance of thermal switch, the bimetal will actuate the contact and cut the circuit off. After that, the operator can open the cover of test oven and let the temperature decrease down. Then, the thermal switch will turn ON again.
Company Name: Yangzhou Wuyue Electric Co.,Ltd
Address:Building D, Software Information Industrial Park, No.2 Huaijiang Avenue, Baoying County, Jiangsu Province, China
Contact: Lorena Qiao
Mobile: +86 153 6641 6606 / 189 2191 2633
Tel: +86 514 88986588
Fax:+86 514 8898 6599