6APE series are both temperature and current sensitive. They can protect motor from overheating or loading.
* Small size, Long life and high reliability;
* High level bimetal ensures that it can withstand the current of normal circuit;
* The combination of bimetal and heater can action snappily;
* Accurate trip off time can prevent motor from overheating;
* Both temperature and current sensitive;
* Each part ROHS environmental standards are strictly enforced;
* Terminals are optional and customized;
* Wires are optional and customized;
* Sealed sleeving can make the protector varnishing proof.
45A / 12V DC
25A / 24V DC
18A / 250V AC
28A / 125V AC
|Operating Temperature Range||50℃~180℃|
|Workable Tripping Off Current Range||2~45A|
|R/T 25℃current Testing Standards||4~10S (Or Customized)|
Car Seat Motor
Soybean Milk Machine
Q: What parameters should we provide for the price and samples request of thermal protector
A：Since 6APE series are current sensitive thermal protector, also called mini circuit breaker, the following information would be necessary.
|Thermal Protector Model 6APE series|
|Voltage||24VDC or 230VAC|
|Working Current||10A or 8A|
|Tripping Off Current||30A or 25A|
|Tripping Off Time||4-10 seconds|
|Application||Wiper motor, Juicer motor etc|
|Action Type||Normally Closed or Normally Open|
|Temperature Rating||120 ℃|
|Insulation Sleeving||Yes or No|
|Lead Wire||Specifed wire type and length, like UL3321,19AWG,65mm long|
|Order Quantity||100K pcs|
Q: When and why do we need gold contacts of thermal switch?
A: 1. If you need the contact resistance of thermal switch is less than 15 mOhm, you need gold contacts. The resistance of gold contacts is much smaller than silver contacts.
2. If the rated current of thermal switch is 250 mA or less, Gold contacts are necessary. It can prevent oxidation of the contacts at low current rating. Oxidation forms an insulation film on the silver contacts and low current does not arc enough to burn off the oxidation.
Q: How is a thermal switch most possibly to fail?
A: The contacts of a thermal switch are the most possible parts to fail. Once the contacts failed to open, the thermal switch would be malfunctioned. There are several possible reasons to cause this failure.
1. Working current is more than the rated current. For example, the rated current is 5A. If you use this thermal switch to a 10A circuit, it would cause the contacts fail to action. Meanwhile, the life cycles would be much less than the rated value also.
2. The thermal switch suffered abnormal pressure. The imposed pressure would make the case of thermal switch distorted. The action room of bimetal would be narrowed. Then, there is no enough space or strength for the bimetal to trip off. The contacts would keep in close status and fail to open.
3. The contact resistance is too big. If so, every cycle of action would generate too much heat. Gradually, the contacts of thermal switch will be burned and failed to action.
Q: What’s the difference between Normally Closed thermal switch and normally open thermal switch?
A: Normally closed thermal switch means that the contacts of thermal switch normally remain closed. When temperature increases to the set value, the contacts would open and cut the circuit OFF.
Normally open thermal switch means that the contacts of thermal switch normally remain open. When temperature rises, the contacts would close and connect the circuit ON.
We now have several models that both Normally Open and Normally Close type are optional, like 17AME, TS01, KW, KSD301, 3MPE, and so on.
Q: Can I get a customized thermal protector from you?
A: Yes. We are providing customized service for our noble customers. If you need a customized thermal protector sample, please kindly tell us the following parameters:
1) Rated voltage and Current
2) Action temperature
3) Dimensional requirements
4)Overloading or Tripping current if needed
5) Application and relevant special demands
6) Potential order quantity.
If the customized thermal protector has the same dimension as our current models, and you only need special parameters, we would not charge any cost for 5 pcs samples. If the requested dimensions are different, we may need to build new toolings for this customization. It would cause extra cost and we can negotiate separately.
Company Name: Yangzhou Wuyue Electric Co.,Ltd
Address:Building D, Software Information Industrial Park, No.2 Huaijiang Avenue, Baoying County, Jiangsu Province, China
Contact: Lorena Qiao
Mobile: +86 153 6641 6606 / 189 2191 2633
Tel: +86 514 88986588
Fax:+86 514 8898 6599